To change a username on Instagram, these steps should be followed:
- Log in to the Instagram app from the phone.
- Go to your profile page and enter the settings menu from the edit profile option. Click the edit profile button.
- Click on the username in this section. Delete the username you want to change and enter your new username.
- Only 1 person can have an Instagram username. So more than one person cannot have the same username. Therefore, if the username you have chosen is already being used by another user, the system will not allow you to take that name. Maybe you can find the closest to the username you want by adding numbers or letters.
- Once you have a retrievable username, click the OK button. In this way, the Instagram username change process is completed.
Your Instagram username is an information requested with a password on the screen that appears when logging into the account. Therefore, it should be carefully studied and not forgotten. Username can be any word, letter order, as well as numbers or a special sign. The username created while logging in to the Instagram account should never be forgotten because it is needed for password changing and logging in.
How to Change Instagram Username on Computer?
The following steps should be followed to change the Instagram username with a PC :
- Go to www.instagram.com from the browser and log in.
- If you have not logged into Instagram before, you will be prompted to log in to the account. If you have previously logged into your account via the browser, your Instagram account will be open directly.
- After the account login process is finished, go to the profile page.
- Click where your username is written on this page. In this section, delete your username and type the username you want to replace it with.
- Even if the username you want to buy has already been taken, you can find the closest one to the username you want by adding symbols, letters or numbers and making combinations. However, the username that has been taken by someone else cannot be retrieved.
- Once the appropriate username is obtained, click the button. In this way, the process is completed.
In this way, the Instagram username change process takes place. For changing the username on Instagram, you can do it via the mobile application, or you can do it on the computer.
What is the Solution for Instagram Username Change Problem?
The solution for changing the username in the Instagram application is given with 2 methods as described above, but if there is any problem of changing the username of Instagram during the user name change process, the main reason for this may be that the username you will receive is used by another person. Because you can’t get the username used by another person. The reason for each person to have 1 unique username is that the Instagram followers can easily find the account they want. If the desired username has already been taken, you can add numbers, letters or symbols to get the desired Instagram username .
Which Instagram Usernames Cannot Be Used?
Here are the Instagram usernames that could not be retrieved:
- As mentioned above, previously acquired usernames cannot be imported.
- In addition, user names that make fun of religion, language and race cannot be taken.
- Account names containing a gendered username cannot be imported.
- Pornographic usernames cannot be taken.
- Words that support or express pedophilia and similar topics cannot be taken as usernames.
The use of any word among the counted topics will give an error that the Instagram username cannot be obtained . At the same time, if you have a username that you no longer want, you can get a username you want by applying the Instagram username change process explained in detail above .